Handprint Keepsakes Kit
There are lots of great ways to decorate your child's handprint keepsakes. Here are just a few fun ideas.
- Color the dough using the liquid watercolors in the kit. You can make either blue or pink handprints this way.
- After baking, use acrylic paint to paint in the handprint but leave the border plain. Or paint the entire keepsake!
- For a special Christmas ornament, decorate the handprint like Santa Claus for the holidays! If you make a footprint, decorate it like a reindeer too.
- If you're making an ornament or hanging decoration, make a hole in the dough before baking so that you can string yarn or ribbon through it later.
- For a fun winter gift, make mittens! Before you bake it, cut out the dough around the handprint into the shape of mittens. Bake, and paint if you want!
- If you're giving this as a gift for other holidays, decorate the handprint appropriately. A turkey for Thanksgiving, a black cat for Halloween, and so on.
- You can seal the handprint with clear varnish to make it last longer. You can get this in spray or liquid form from a hardware store.
For more information about the benefits of Messy Play, read our About page.