Messy Play Parties!
Looking for a birthday party that's totally unique? Or new inspiration for your playgroup? Let us bring the Messy Play to you! Messy Play parties are sensory activities for kids in groups of 10 or more children under age 8 (or older for the Slime Station party). They are currently available only in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Parties include 3-4 activities designed around a set theme, or you can choose the custom option for a theme of your choice. The parties are geared for children ages 3-8 (and older for the Slime Station). Messy Play Kits provides all the materials necessary, plus materials for set up and clean up. Everything we use is completely washable, and parties can be hosted indoors or outdoors. Don't think you have space in your home? Find a local park or playground nearby! We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area and will travel to parties within 100 miles (further for special requests).
Messy Play Standard Parties cost $25/child plus a flat transportation fee that depends on your location ($30-50). This price includes all materials and activities, party facilitation by a Messy Play instructor, all set up and clean up costs. Party favors can be purchased for an additional fee (listed below).
Custom parties begin at the same price, plus an additional $50+ depending on the customization required. We can match any theme for any child, be it a Bird Party, a Spooky Dinosaur party, a Train theme, a Science theme, or whatever your child wants!
Standard Party Themes:
- Cornmeal Fossil & Egg Excavation
- Egg Hatching Station
- Erupting Volcanoes (science experiment)
- Optional Party Favors: Dino Egg Soaps ($5/child), or Hatching Dinosaur Eggs ($8/child)
Construction/Transportation (can be made toddler-safe):
- Oatmeal Digging Station
- Oobleck "Mud Pit"
- Car Washing Station
- Truck Painting
- Optional Party Favors: Construction Worker and Block Soap ($5/child), or Foam Car Bath Activity ($10/child)
- Rainbow Unicorn Sensory Bin
- Unicorn Slime (pink, purple and turquoise slime)
- Rainbow Explosions (science experiment)
- Optional Party Favors: Unicorn Soap ($5/child), Unicorn Bath Bomb ($10/child), Unicorn Color-Changing Slime Kit ($10/child)
- Fizzing Snowman Activity (science experiment)
- Frozen Oobleck
- Arctic Scene Sensory Bin
- Optional Party Favors: Fizzing Snowman Kit ($8/child), Snowman Bath Bomb ($10/child), Winter Slime Kit ($10/child)
- Coffee Filter Butterflies
- Color Mixing Pollination Activity
- Grow Your Own Grass Caterpillar (that can be taken home)
- Optional Party Favors: Growing Grass Caterpillars (included in the party), Butterfly Bath Bombs ($10/child)
Slime Station: (better for children ages 5+, and popular with teens too!)
- All materials needed to set up your own DIY Slime Station! Kids get to choose which color slime they want to make, mix all the ingredients together, and take their slime concoction home!
- Includes 3 color options (you choose from the following): magenta, purple, turquoise, blue, green, orange, lime.
- Includes containers and information for taking the slime home as a party favor
- Optional Party Add On: make color-changing slime (an extra $2 per child)
- Optional Additional Party Favors: any of our regular slime kits ($8/child) or color-changing slime kits ($10/child), Bath Bombs ($10/child).
What do you get in a party?
- Materials for 3-4 activities- choose from a standard theme or custom theme above
- Full set up and clean up provided by your Messy Play instructor
- Optional party favors for each child
- Up to one hour of activity time, depending on ages and number of children
What do I need to provide or tell the other parents in advance?
- Messy Play staff are not childcare, so they will facilitate the activities but not be responsible for supervising individual children. (Childcare is available at an additional cost.)
- All materials are washable, but they can be messy! Chose the party with a messiness level you feel comfortable with, and let the other parents know what to expect! Painting can be very messy for toddlers but less so for 8 yr olds.
- We suggest you let families know in advance that Messy Play activities will be happening, so they can dress their children appropriately.
What if I don't live within your travel distance?
If you live in Northern California and are interested in hosting a Messy Play party, submit a request above and we can discuss the options. If you're outside driving distance, inquire about our amazing Party Kits! They are Messy Play Kits designed for groups- in either the standard themes or custom themes mentioned above. Request a party above and mention that you'd like a Party Kit, and we can start creating one just for you!
What's required to book a Messy Play Party?
If you want to book a party, click on the link below to submit your request. Please mention the estimated number of children and their age range, the date requested, and the party theme you're most interested in. If you're requesting a Standard Theme, the transportation fee ($30-50) and Party Favor fee (optional) is required to secure the party date. If you're requesting a custom theme, the transportation theme ($30-50), Party Favor fee (optional), and Customization Fee (varies) will be required to secure the date. Payment can be made via Venmo or PayPal, after we settle on a theme, date, and pricing.